A tie is used to bring two separate parts of the collar together and compliment the clothes. There are different styles to tie a tie, but everyone does not know how to tie a tie. These most effortless and basic knots to tie a tie will make you an expert in tying a tie.
- Hang the necktie around your collar with the joint outside and the thick point on your left side of the neck, about two inches lower than you want the tie to end.
- Cross the thick end under the tiny end, making a cross shape below your jawbone.
- Flip the thick point up in front of the circle around your collar, then tuck it down through the loop, emerging to the left of the thin point.
- Bring the tip of the thick end across the front of the knot. Slip a finger below the band you’ve just created across the front of the knot.
- Bring the tip of the thick end up and under the loop around your collar.
- Tuck the peak of the thick end down through the horizontal loop you formed in Step 4.
- Pick the thick end through the horizontal loop and snug it down.
- Fix the knot as required by holding it with one hand and pulling on the narrow point of tie with the other.
Four in hand knot
- Curve the tie around your collar. Thick end on the left, 2-3inches lower than the thin endpoint.
- Cross the thick endpoint in front of the thin endpoint.
- Cover the thick end around back the thin end and cross horizontally from right to left.
- Bring the thick end horizontally over the front of the knot from right to left. Slip a thumb under this horizontal band.
- Turn the tip of the thick endpoint upward and in, pushing it under the loop around your neck.
- Support the thick end down through the loop you’ve held open with your thumb.
- Pull the thick end through the loop and snug the tie-down tightly.
- Tighten the bond by holding it gently in one hand and tugging on the thin end with the other.
- The four-in-hand knot is the most common and famous tie knot for newcomers. It is a traditional style to tie a tie. It is the simplest way that will make you learn how to tie a tie.
- Hang the tie around your collar facing straight and the thick endpoint hanging on your left, around 2 inches beneath the desired finishing end.
- Intersect the thick end under the thin end and form a cross below your chin.
- Pass the thick end through the loop.
- Pull the thick end down and flip the tip so that it’s pointing to your left.
- Bring the thick endpoint horizontally over the front of the knot from right to left—Tuck a thumb behind the horizontal band you’ve just built.
- Shift the thick end up through the circle from underneath.
- Point the tip of the thick end downward – straight on top of the small end.
- Pull the thick end down through the horizontal band. Snug it firmly into place.
- Adjust the necktie by grasping the knot with one hand while pulling on the narrow end gently with the other
If you do not know how to tie a tie, there are simple tie knots you can learn easily. There are very easy steps to wearing a tie perfectly.